Doc talks, screenings mark JSMC programs for October
September 18, 2012
HOPKINSVILLE—Jennie Stuart Medical Center (JSMC) is holding the following health events and classes in October:
1. Monday, October 1, 1-4:45 p.m.—Free prostate cancer screening by four JSMC staff physicians at St. Luke Free Clinic, 408 W. 17th Street, Hopkinsville. Reservations required, call (270) 887-6859.
2. Monday, October 1, 5:15 p.m.—Stroke and head injuries support group meeting
for caregivers and survivors at JSMC Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call (270) 885-7023.
3. Tuesday, October 2, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, at Lake Barkley State Park Lodge. Reserve a seat by calling (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
4. Tuesday, October 2, 6:30 p.m.—“What you should know about high blood pressure,” lecture by J. Terry Fuqua, MD. Reserve a seat by calling (270) 887-0287.
5. Thursday, October 4, 9-11 a.m.—Home Health staff will provide free blood sugar and blood pressure screenings at Friendship House, 2310 Faulker Dr., Hopkinsville. Call (270) 885-4119.
6. Thursday, October 4, 6-8 p.m.—Free breastfeeding class led by an RN lactation consultant at the Board Room, second floor of JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
7. Friday, October 5, 1-2:30 p.m.—“Ask the Doctor.” Three family medicine physicians, Vinna Humphries, MD; Panagiotis Galanopoulos, MD; and Josh Blair, MD will field questions at the Western Kentucky Women’s Show at Bruce Convention Center.
8. Saturday, October 6, 10-11:30 a.m.—“Ask the Doctor.” George Valentini, MD, FACS, plastic surgery; Paul Herrell, MD, ophthalmology; and Bobby Green, DO, family medicine, will field questions at the Western Kentucky Women’s Show at Bruce Convention Center.
9. Tuesday, October 9, 4:30 p.m.—Michael Murray, MD, medical director, Radiation Oncology will hold a Q&A session at the weekly cancer support group meeting of patients and family members at Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
10. Thursday, October 11, 2 p.m.—Joint replacement class for those preparing for
knee or hip replacements. Location: Home Health Stuart Building at the JSMC campus, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat for patient and one guest, (270) 887-0118.
11. Monday, October 22, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by
Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, www.jsmc.org.
JSMC is a private, not-for-profit health organization that includes an acute-care
medical center; free-standing outpatient surgery, medical imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation and home health services; and an integrated physician network. For information, call (800) 877-JSMC (800-887-5762).