JSMC announces April classes for public, caregivers
March 23, 2012
HOPKINSVILLE—Jennie Stuart Medical Center (JSMC) is holding the following classes and health events in April:
1. Wednesday, April 4, 8:30 a.m.—Heartsaver CPR. Location: Doctors Pavilion conference rooms A, B & C, JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat, (270) 887-6859.
2. Tuesday, April 10, 4:30 p.m.—“Learning to live with cancer.” Michael Murray, MD, FACR, board-certified radiation oncologist and medical director, Radiation Oncology, JSMC, holds a question-and-answer support group meeting with patients and family members. Location: Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville.
3. Thursday, April 12, 2 p.m.—Joint replacement class for those preparing for knee or hip replacements. Location: Home Health Stuart Building at the JSMC campus, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat for patient and one guest, (270) 887-0118.
4. Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.—Paint the Town Pink. JSMC will staff a
booth at this women’s expo and breast cancer awareness/fashion show, sponsored by the Todd County Health Department. Location: Elkton Baptist Church.
5. Thursday, April 26, 9 a.m.-11 a.m.—Home Health staff conducts blood pressure and blood sugar screenings at Chapel House, 100 North Dr., Hopkinsville.
6. Friday, April 27, 8 a.m. or 1 p.m.—“HIV Continuing Education,” class for licensed healthcare professionals. $10. Location: Doctors Pavilion conference rooms A, B & C, at JSMC, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Call to register, (270) 887-6859.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, www.jsmc.org.
JSMC is a private, not-for-profit health organization that includes an acute-care medical center; free-standing outpatient surgery, medical imaging, laboratory, and rehabilitation services; and an integrated physician network. For information, call (800) 877-JSMC (800-877-5762).