JSMC announces November-December classes, events
November 21, 2012
- Wednesday, November 28, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.--BluegrassMD primary care physician office holds a customer appreciation day at the practice, 223 Burley Ave., Hopkinsville, with door prizes, gifts and refreshments. For more information, call (270) 887-6565.
- Monday, December 3, 5:15 p.m.--Support group meeting for spouses, caregivers and survivors of strokes and head injuries at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call (270) 885-7023.
- Thursday, December 6, 9-11 a.m.--Home Health staff will provide free blood sugar and blood pressure screenings at Chapel House, 100 N. Drive, Hopkinsville.
- Thursday, December 6, 6-8 p.m.--Free breastfeeding class led by an RN lactation consultant at the Board Room, second floor of JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
- Saturday, December 8, 10-11 a.m.--Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by two nurses from the JSMC Bariatric Surgery team at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
- Tuesday, December 11, 4:30 p.m.—Ratilal Gajera, MD, medical director, Oncology, JSMC, will hold a Q&A session at the weekly cancer support group meeting of patients and family members at Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
- Thursday, December 13, 2 p.m.—Joint replacement class for those preparing for knee or hip replacements at the Home Health Stuart Building on the JSMC campus, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat for patient and one guest, (270) 887-0118.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, www.jsmc.org.
JSMC is a private, not-for-profit health organization that includes an acute-care medical center; free-standing outpatient surgery, medical imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation and home health services; and an integrated physician network. For information, call (800) 887-JSMC (800-887-5762).