JSMC announces classes, events for July
June 29, 2012
HOPKINSVILLE—Jennie Stuart Medical Center (JSMC) is holding the following free classes and health events in July:
- Tuesday, July 10, 4:30 p.m.—Sheila Sadler, RN, director, Radiation Oncology, JSMC, will share information about nurse navigation services at the weekly cancer support group meeting of patients and family members. Location: Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
- Thursday, July 12, 2 p.m.—Joint replacement class for those preparing for knee or hip replacements. Location: Home Health Stuart Building at the JSMC campus, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat for patient and one guest, (270) 887-0118.
- Saturday, July 14, noon-1 p.m.—Diabetes medical clinic. JSMC will have a registered nurse educator helping with blood sugar screenings at the Happy Feet program at Bradford Square Mall, Hopkinsville. For more information, call (270) 484-5392.
- Tuesday, July 17, 7:30-8:30 a.m.—Christian County Chamber of Commerce
Eye Opener Breakfast on JSMC rebranding campaign at Bruce Convention Center, Hopkinsville. Reserve a seat by calling (270) 885-9096.
- Wednesday, July 18, 12:30-2 p.m.— Home Health staff performs blood pressure and blood sugar screenings at Todd County Senior Center health fair, 104 Morris Weathers Street, Elkton. For information, call (270) 265-5935.
- Monday, July 23, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS. Location: Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
- Tuesday, July 24, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar on Tuesday, July 24, 6-7 p.m. at Caldwell County Hospital, 100 Medical Dr., Princeton. Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, medical director of JSMC’s Bariatric Surgery Program discusses laparoscopic banding, a safe, minimally invasive procedure. Please call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC (5762), ext. 4402.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, www.jsmc.org.
JSMC is a private, not-for-profit health organization that includes an acute-care medical center; free-standing outpatient surgery, medical imaging, laboratory, and rehabilitation services; and an integrated physician network. For information, call