JSMC announces classes, events for June
May 25, 2012
HOPKINSVILLE—Jennie Stuart Medical Center (JSMC) is holding the following free classes and health events in June:
1. Monday, June 4, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.—Cancer Survivors’ Day. Staff from the E.C. Green Cancer Center will have refreshments and small gift for cancer survivors, regardless of where they were treated. Location: Lobby of the Cancer Center, Wallace Medical Arts Building, 1717 High St., Hopkinsville, adjacent to Jennie Stuart Medical Center.
2. Monday, June 11, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS. Location: Crossroads Church, 145 Crossroads Way, Russellville.
3. Tuesday, June 12, 4:30 p.m.—“Learning to live with cancer.” Ratilal Gajera, MD, board-certified hematologist and chairman, Oncology, JSMC, holds a question-and-answer support group meeting with patients and family members. Location: Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
4. Monday, June 18, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS. Location: Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
5. Thursday, June 14, 2 p.m.—Joint replacement class for those preparing for knee or hip replacements. Location: Home Health Stuart Building at the JSMC campus, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat for patient and one guest, (270) 887-0118.
6. Wednesday, June 20, 2-3:30 p.m.—Home Health staff performs blood pressure, blood sugar, and grip strength screenings at Morningside Assisted Living, 4190 Lafayette Road, Hopkinsville. For information, call (270) 885-0220.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, www.jsmc.org.
JSMC is a private, not-for-profit health organization that includes an acute-care medical center; free-standing outpatient surgery, medical imaging, laboratory, and rehabilitation services; and an integrated physician network. For information, call