JSMC announces fall programs
October 25, 2012
HOPKINSVILLE—Jennie Stuart Medical Center (JSMC) is holding the following health events and classes over the next month:
- Monday, October 29, noon—American Cancer Society holds a ribbon cutting to kick off the 2013 Relay for Life season in front of E.C. Green Cancer Center at JSMC, 1717 High St., Hopkinsville. Relay participants, cancer survivors and the public are welcome to participate in this photo/video opportunity, rain or shine.
- Thursday, November 1, 6-8 p.m.—Free breastfeeding class led by an RN lactation consultant at the Board Room, second floor of JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
- Monday, November 5, 5:15 p.m.—Support group meeting for spouses caregivers and survivors of strokes and head injuries at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call (270) 885-7023.
- Thursday, November 8, 2 p.m.—Joint replacement class for those preparing for knee or hip replacements at the Home Health Stuart Building on the JSMC campus, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat for patient and one guest, (270) 887-0118.
- Tuesday, November 13, 9-10 a.m.—Volunteer open house in Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of Doctors Pavilion at JSMC, 320 W. 18th St., Hopkinsville. Light refreshments will be served. Call (270) 887-0287 to reserve a seat.
- Tuesday, November 13, 4:30 p.m.—Ramesh Patel, MD, medical oncologist, will hold a Q&A session at the weekly cancer support group meeting of patients and family members at Doctors Pavilion conference room E, JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. No reservation required.
- Friday, November 16, 9 a.m.-noon—JSMC will have a registered nurse educator providing blood glucose, blood pressures, and diabetes information at a health fair at Micah Mission Center of United Methodist Church, 209 S. Main St., Hopkinsville. Call (270) 348-0324.
- Monday, November 26, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
- Wednesday, November 28, 2-3:30 p.m.—Home Health staff will provide free blood sugar and blood pressure screenings at Morningside Assisted Living, 4190 Lafayette Rd., Hopkinsville. Call (270) 885-4119.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, www.jsmc.org.
medical center; free-standing outpatient surgery, medical imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation and home health services; and an integrated physician network. For information, call (800) 887-JSMC (800-887-5762).
JSMC is a private, not-for-profit health organization that includes an acute-care