JSMC announces new, ongoing programs for August
HOPKINSVILLE—Jennie Stuart Medical Center (JSMC) is holding the following classes and health events in August:
- Monday, August 6, 5:15 p.m.—(New) Organizational meeting for spouses, caregivers and survivors of strokes and head injuries at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call (270) 885-7023.
- Tuesday, August 7, 9 a.m.-noon—Home Health staff will provide blood sugar, blood pressure, and grip strength testing at the Christian County-Senior Citizens Health Fair at A.W. Watts Center, 1402 W. 7th Street, Hopkinsville. Call (270) 886-8885.
- Tuesday, August 7, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.—(New) Open house and ribbon cutting for a new Wound Healing Center at JSMC. Enter through Outpatient Procedures entrance on High Street. Call (270) 886-6412.
- Thursday, August 9, 2 p.m.—Joint replacement class for those preparing for knee or hip replacements. Home Health Stuart Building at the JSMC campus, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. Call to reserve a seat for patient and one guest, (270) 887-0118.
- Tuesday, August 14, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, at Hampton Inn, 1201 E. Center Street, Madisonville. Call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
- Friday, August 24, 9 a.m.-noon—(New) JSMC will have a registered nurse educator participating in a health fair at Micah Mission Center, 209 S. Main Street, Hopkinsville. Call (270) 348-0324.
- Monday, August 27, 6 p.m.—Weight-loss surgery informational seminar by Gerame Wells, MD, FACS, at Cotthoff Learning Center, lower level of the Doctors Pavilion at JSMC. Call to reserve a seat, (800) 887-JSMC, ext. 4402.
- Friday, August 31, 8 a.m. or 1 p.m.—HIV Continuing Education class for licensed healthcare professionals at Doctors Pavilion conference rooms A, B & C, at JSMC, 320 W. 18th Street, Hopkinsville. $10. Call to register, (270) 887-6859.
Classes and events are updated frequently on the JSMC website, www.jsmc.org.