| Email Page|
|A true breakthrough in healthy, long-term weight loss.|
Safely and effectively, the revolutionary yet simple technology behind the LAP-BAND® Adjustable Gastric Banding System reduces the amount of food that your stomach can hold at one time. This helps you gradually lose weight and keep it off. So you can live a healthier life — for your children, your family, and yourself.
What it is
"LAP-BAND" is often incorrectly referred to as the generic name for any stomach banding procedure. However, "LAP-BAND®" is in fact, the trademark for the original FDA approved adjustable gastric banding device manufactured and sold by Allergan, Inc.
How it works
Without any stomach cutting or stapling, the LAP-BAND® System reduces your stomach’s capacity, restricting the amount of food you are able to eat at one time. Plus, you feel full faster and stay full longer, so you wind up eating less.
Today’s LAP-BAND AP® System is:
- Designed for Advanced Performance: our most advanced device approved by the FDA.
- Developed in collaboration with leading bariatric surgeons, this third-generation device is built on the proven performance of the LAP-BAND® System.
- Specially designed with our proprietary OMNIFORM® technology — with pre-curved sections (or pillows) that conform to fit your body better, minimizing leaks due to creases or folds. This offers a 360° inflation area for an even distribution of pressure, more secure placement, and complete coverage of stomach anatomy. The result: a perfect fit right from the start.
- Designed for increased flexibility; with two sizes and a wider range of adjustments to suit your precise needs.
- Available in two sizes to allow your surgeon to choose the best option for you.
A new standard of excellence
Only the LAP-BAND® System offers the assurance of the LAP-BAND TOTAL CARE® program, a comprehensive set of best practices that provides training for your healthcare team with tools, information and support.
What does this mean for you, the patient? It means that your LAP-BAND® System Bariatric team can access the LAP-BAND TOTAL CARE® tools they need to give you the best care, information and support possible. These tools are designed to provide extra training to support surgeons and patients throughout the weight loss journey.
If you would like more information on this procedure, please contact the JSMC Bariatric Nurse Coordinator at 270-887-0100 Extension 4402.
- Data on File. Allergan, Inc. Irvine, CA. June, 2010.
- Directions For Use (DFU). LAP-BAND AP® Adjustable Gastric Banding System with OMNIFORM® Design. Allergan, Inc. Irvine, CA. 05/10
- A Surgical Aid in the Treatment of Morbid Obesity, LAP-BAND® System Information for Patients (P/N 94829). Allergan, Inc. Irvine, CA. April, 2008.
For more detailed information about weight loss surgery click here.