| Email Page|
|Pulmonary Rehabilitation involves a number of healthcare providers working together as a unit to help improve the lives of those with breathing problems. The program focuses on exercise conditioning, endurance training, education and emotional support for the patient. The goal of pulmonary rehabilitation is to improve each patient's quality of life by:
- controlling and lessening the symptoms and complications of breathing problems
- increasing the level of independence and physical activity that a patient enjoys
- reducing the need for hospitalization, which will save the patient money and avoid the inconvenience of being hospitalized
Pulmonary Rehabilitation includes:
- Respiratory Therapy - focus on respiratory function, breathing re-training, and patient education
- Occupational Therapy - focus on activities of daily living
- Physical Therapy - focus on therapeutic exercises, neuromuscular re-education, gait training therapy, and increasing strength and endurance
Hours of operation Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact us at (270) 887-0600 .