The JSMC's dialysis access service is a multi-center practice that specializes in ALL aspects of managing access for dialysis patients. We focus on the needs of dialysis patients and provide up to date, competent, innovative, urgent and emergent access treatments for dialysis patients throughout Western Kentucky and Northern Middle Tennessee.
We understand how difficult it can be to make an appointment when patients have complications with their access. Therefore, we work on a same day, next day service model so all issues are responded to in an expedient manner.
Services provided include:
- Ultrasound for new AV access planning or evaluating established AV access
- New dialysis access placement (AVF or AVG) including basilic vein transposition and Hybrid AV access placements for difficult venous anatomy such as HeRO grafts and suturless venous anastamosis.
- Laparoscopic peritoneal dialysis catheter placement, revision or removal.
- AV access revision or declot
- Hemodialysis catheter placement or exchange
- Angiogram (fistulogram)
- Balloon angioplasty or stent placement for AV access narrowing.
- Management of aneurysms within AV access
- Removal of infected AV grafts